Prestige Tree Classic or Rewritten

Do you think Prestige Tree Classic or Rewritten is better? Why?
I personally am more into Classic, potentially out of nostalgia since it’s the one I started with and because some parts of Rewritten just feel like you’re not really progressing for a while (I did once compare the use of softcaps to duct tape as well). Probably just a little slow for my tastes.

• Prestige Tree Classic
  • Prestige Tree Rewritten

0 voters

I honestly enjoy PT:R more because PT:C is just very timewall-y, and this is not fun.

Also, PT:R has more content than PT:C; it gets from e280,000,000 to e1,000,000,000,000,000, which is basically +^1,000.

EDIT: It’s ee15, not e15e15 lmao my bad.

1 Like

But PT:R goes up to e3.14e16

1 Like

Overall I’d say I prefer Rewritten - its early-mid game (mostly rows 1-5) is much more interesting than Classic’s (most notably, the Hindrances are a lot more interesting).

I found the endgame of both versions to be less enjoyable. I’m not a fan of Nebula, and most of Rewritten’s v1.3 content feels like a slog, but Classic’s mastery brick section was an exercise in guide-following if memory serves, so it balances out.

1 Like

After gaining a lot more experience in these games and starting to review them, I have replayed Classic and Rewritten… Honestly, both of these games are good, and Classic may be better for beginners (most of it, at least), though I feel like Rewritten’s more solid in terms of content and game design.
Yes, it does have moments where it slows down, but I feel like it also helps make row 7 and the extensions feel more earned. It may require guide use. but unlike Classic it is in the game. Though Classic’s mastery bricks can generally be figured out on your own, even if through trial and error. The fact there’s a challenge that grants a reward based on overall playtime also helps idling feel like it has some meaning while still not breaking the game. Achievements, unlockable upgrades, and masteries also provide more overall challenges that may need a different setup and reward thinking. That said, I think mixed challenges from Classic were a great idea and it’s a shame they weren’t carried over in Rewritten.
Reviews for both games should be available on my tier list (maybe not immediately).

PT:C is very grindy, especially at row 7. PT:R seemed to be better than PT:C, but it’s not at Imperium, which was VERY slow(worse than imperium in PT:C) and took much of the gameplay. It took 7 hrs in that layer, and I beat PT:R in 1 day. Thus PT:C and PT:R was similar rating to me, and both are B for me.