Thread tag discussion

This thread is for discussing mod tags on this forum (suggestions and changes welcome).
To start with, I’d like to bring up the “active” tag. A lot of mods with it have not received any updates for over half a year. The Christmas Tree has “active” and “inactive” at the same time. IMO, this should be changed and we should set an official threshold. How about “received an update in the last two months”? If not, change to “inactive” instead.

so this has caused confusion before, and I’m open to alternative names than “active”, but it’s supposed to mean “not idle”. The tag for a project that is still being worked on is “in-development”. However, since there is no way to determine that automatically, I think it might be better to have a “finished” tag that can be added to completed mods. Maybe at some point we could add an “abandoned” tag, but I’m hesitant about making those kinds of decisions. Keep in mind you can just look at the mods channel, specifically for posts NOT in a sub-category, to get a list of mods sorted by most recent update. Since that exists, I think it’d be fine to remove in-development with a “finished” tag that can be manually added by mod-creators.

Here’s a convenient link to just the mod threads: Mods - The Modding Tree Community

1 Like

A “finished” tag rather than not having “in-development” sounds like a good idea. As for “active” being confusing (IMO it certainly is), maybe change it to “active-gameplay”, “active-playstyle”, “active-based”, or something like that.

1 Like

Awesome. Implemented. For right now the finished tag will be woefully incomplete, but I’ll send a mail to mod-creators about it

1 Like