TV Tropes pages on The Modding Tree and games

I’ve been playing these games for more than a year now, writing pages on TV Tropes along the way. Over the year, I’ve written a page on the original, sixteen mods, two mostly original games by Jacorb, and three pages on developers (technically four since there’s also Denis Berger, but he only made The Leveling Tree).

You can find a general page on the engine and a list of mods here. Please tell me if there are any inaccuracies or errors. Images are inconsistent as we’ve only recently decided to use HQ trees and change captions to name layers.

Pages that existed as of the time when this post was made:

3 Likes

Just finished a page on The Prestige Tree: Alternate (and by extension DespATPT), is not listed there as it’s not made in TMT but still a mod:

1 Like

I think it’s so cool that these pages exist. When I first found out about the pages made for my games I was ecstatic, and reading over them again brings that feeling back.

3 Likes

Made a page on The Multitree by qq1010903229, I enjoyed it though the page is pretty short since a lot of content is found in other games

3 Likes

Game Page 22 (actually 23 due to TPT Alternate): The Compact Tree by Dystopia-user181. It’s short, a shame because the game looked rather promising and the Superdense layer had an original mechanic with decay.

2 Likes

Sheesh you are making these quickly

2 Likes

I have three more unfinished drafts. Many mods are quite short but still have enough material to provide a page with five tropes (technically I only need three, but I’m trying to make these pages have a decent bit of information), so it’s pretty easy to write them at a good pace. I’m currently playing a bigger one, though.

2 Likes

Fair enough a lot of the mods are short except when they aren’t

3 Likes

Game Page 24: Prestige Tree Dimensions by qq1010903229. Very cool concept. I like how each infinity took a similar amount of length and felt fresh due to balancing and unlocks. The Honour layer wasn’t carried over, which I made sure to note.

Since this is the third game with a page for qq1010903229, they now have a page:

All other devs with a page up to now (all of these are short as I don’t really have much description material):

2 Likes

I’d suggest linking lit+ on loaders page, even thought lit+ shares it’s tvtropes page with lit.

3 Likes

Game Page 25: The Stardust Tree by Okamii17. Short, but stellar.

1 Like

Game Page 26: The Christmas Tree by yhvr. What do you mean I’m late by over a month? Don’t @ me. Also, there’s a page on that creepy-ass animated special with the same name.

1 Like

I don’t understand the joke about being late by a month lol

3 Likes

It’s a Christmas game, but the page was made in February. It’s probably not much of a joke in the first place.

1 Like

Game Page 27: Falling Mountain’s AlterPrestige. I liked the progression scheme and it had an overall fun gameplay. Please forgive me for taking so long to make anything new, sometimes I want to play something else or feel burnt out on idlers, but other times I feel like playing and writing about several trees in short succession.

I’ve added a paragraph regarding TMT-X on the main Modding Tree page. If there’s something that needs to be noted or changed, feel free to say so. Depending on how different it is and how much it catches on, it might get its own page in the future.

3 Likes

Game Page 28: The Gaokao Tree by qq1010903229. The concept of an exam is certainly interesting, and I found it cool that it’s one of not many mods with a defined endgame. What’s also original is how it didn’t need automation as you don’t really buy that many textbooks or reset super often, even if it may get a little excessive near the end.

Also made small changes to the TMT-X/Profectus paragraph on the TMT page.

2 Likes

I know this is kind of unusual, but I’ve written a section on TMT games on “The One With” a while ago:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/JustForFun/TheOneWith

It’s a short summation of a game with its most notable feature or theme, occasionally two. Examples:

• Prestige Tree : The one that started it all.
  • The Game Dev Tree: The one with game development and more strategic resets.
  • The Milestone Tree: The one with 100+ milestones.

And out of all the tree games made in the engine, I was never able to come up with something for The Incrementreeverse by pg132. Does anyone have an idea for some “The one with”? I can give credit in the page history.

1 Like

Ultimately, in regards to my previous post, I went with “The one where another layer shows up in the first row mid-game”, because I don’t remember any other trees where that happens, so that’s quite unique.

Game Page 29: Primordia (listed as “Primordia (2022)” because I had to move another game to “Primordia (2012)”) by Jacorb90. The concept is solid, I enjoyed how it relies on progression based on how much resource per second you can have and as such allows for different strategies. If this is what Profectus has in store for the future, I’m looking forward to it (pages on games made in it will currently be listed on TMT’s page until more of them are made).

2 Likes

Game Page 30: The Incremental Dev Tree by the holy Icecreamdude. Looks promising for sure and has lots of content already, not sure if the dev went a little too far with removing timewalls by making some aspects feel pointless (like the War tab in the Military layer that just seems like an afterthought now), but that could just be a me problem.

1 Like

Game Page 31: Antreematter Dimensions by jasperfr. At first I thought that some aspects left a bit to be desired, also wasn’t sure if Infinity was meant to be reached or not, so I initially gave up on the page, but now that I retried it after v.1.0.0, it’s really fun!

1 Like