TV Tropes pages on The Modding Tree and games

A minor correction: the workshop cap is not technically 2400% - there’s a buyable in the factory that gives it +100% each purchase, so it can go up indefinitely (but practically not much higher than 2400%)

Other than that, it’s really cool seeing another tv tropes page. Thanks for continuing to do this for so long :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Technically that buyable maxes out at 12 (unless I’m missing something), but yeah, thanks for pointing that out and the words of support.
expandfactory

1 Like

oh, you know what I never realized we put a cap on that buyable. Carry on then!

3 Likes

Game Page 50: Tuba’s Tree by Randomtuba. The game was pretty nice, may have had occasional timewalls and inflation, but the progression was definitely satisfying and several mechanics were unique.

Since some games take a while to get a page on and I need to return to several pages to account for ongoing updates or other changes, I’ve decided to change the formula of planted trees to game pages^1.1 (ceilinged). 50^1.1=74 (approx.) But I’ll still donate to Team Trees (or potentially other tree organizations) every 10 game pages.

Unfortunately, I do not know when I will really start TMT development (always have a lot on my backlog and schedule), plus I’ve come up with something much more solid than what I had in mind months ago. I wouldn’t hold my breath on it happening anytime soon. Nevertheless, I’m glad to have spent these last two years with the great people and their various projects!

3 Likes

Game Page 51: The Space Tree by Randomtuba. I enjoyed the idea of Space in the original Prestige Tree, and seeing an entire tree dedicated to it certainly pleases me. This game is definitely balanced well and interesting, but the only downside is that it’s so short.

2 Likes

Game Page 52: The User Tree by 1e1000000. The balancing is excellent and I like the various nods to users. The only gripe is that both games are a bit short, but the sequel certainly has potential.

2 Likes

Game Page 53: The Atomic Tree by cornucanis. Decent game with a decent theme, though certainly full of unexplored potential. Only one row of atoms, sadly.

2 Likes

Game Page 54: The Null Tree by vgakbzc. The game was decently fun, plus elemental points are a neat idea and the Inertia mechanic is also cool, if a bit unexplored.

2 Likes

Game Page 55: The Tree of Death by patfr. A contrast to The Tree of Life is pretty cool, but the game would definitely need fleshing out. Also the early game’s pretty repetitive, but the Toxins layer was getting somewhere.

Also, I would like to give a major shout-out (with permission) to Twiddler, who helped me expand the Primordia page based on the lore tab and other stuff. The page is much greater now and it absolutely warrants a second read if you saw it when it first came out (and the game itself probably warrants another playthrough). Since they’re great at finding tropes based on lore which may be difficult for me, I’ll let people know whenever a similar expansion is done.
TV Tropes pages on The Modding Tree and games - #18 by Piterpicher (the link to Primordia’s article is there)

2 Likes

Game Page 56: The Millennium Tree by catfish-in-a-nutshell. Short and sweet, but overall very simple and not particularly exciting. Still, the game’s theme is quite cool.

2 Likes

Game Page 57: The Incremental God Tree by the holy Icecreamdude. A really impressive game and a step up from The Incremental Dev Tree. I’m hoping for future updates to add more fun mechanics, and the lore is just wonderful!

By the way, I’ve been writing reviews for many of these games. See the tier lists thread for more information.

3 Likes

Game Page 58: The Word: TREE by catfish-in-a-nutshell. Interesting theme and decently balanced (the secrets thing also has potential), but a bit short. By the way, this page has a self-demonstrating version that is formatted like the game (for the most part), so make sure to check that out!

2 Likes

what this game is?

2 Likes

A game I thought about creating once based on the Danish Melodi Grand Prix (music competition), but kind of stopped after not being sure to approach it, realizing the idea was awkward and being busy with other stuff. I still have a TMT game in my plans that should hopefully be far more solid (came up with it recently), but IDK when I’ll actually get into development.

2 Likes

Game Page 59: The Art Tree by akivn. Nice concept and the game was pleasant enough, but it could have certainly been longer and breaks down if you try going after the last two achievements. Also, from now on, pages will include links to github/githack and galaxy.click (if applicable).

1 Like

Game Page 60: Planar Pioneers by The Paper Pilot. Very interesting concept and making your own setup is fun, but the game feels a little too fast and easy by the end, plus there are some other frustrating parts.

60th page, so more IRL trees incoming (ceil of 60^1.1=91)

And since Profectus now has five TVT pages (plus I’ve promised that I’ll eventually make pages on all games from the Profectus Game Jam), it now has its own page!

Last but not least, yhvr also has a page!

1 Like

as i would say: SHUSH THE SHEESH!

bro you need to CHILL like spend time with family or SOMETHING other than writing TVT pages

I think what piterpitcher is doing is super cool, and a fan way to spend one’s free time.

1 Like